Get it Done!

Get it Done!
Gobble Jog 2009

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Checking In!

So much has happened since my last article. So much, that I don't have time to write it all!!! Plus, I don't want to be late for church, so I will only spend 4 minutes giving an update (no one is reading this but me, but - hey, I like it!)

Let's see, I completed my first 1/2 marathon in March (ING Georgia) and was able to finish in 2 hours and 8 seconds!!! I also completed another 1/2 marathon in Seattle, WA and had a ball!! It was part of the Rock n Roll series and we (my sister, Jennifer, and Talitha) had so much fun. I also completed my first Peachtree race (59 minutes and it was sooo hot) and will be doing my first US 10K labor day next Monday. I have learned that running in Georgia during the summer is awful!!! The heat and humidty is no joke!! I had plan on doing the Miami Marathon in January, but I think I will just hold off on the marathon until later next year. I have 2 more 1/2 marathons this year - Atlanta 13.1 in October and Zooma in November. After these races, I think I will focus on speed and strength. My crosstraining routine consists of Insanity w/Shaun T (craziest workout DVD ever!!!), Weight Training, and Spartacus workouts. Besides the long run once a week, I do track workout on Friday or Interval running, and a tempo run on Tuesday morning. A group of us try to workout 2 a day and I am enjoying the results, but I think I am going to start working out 2 a day only a couple of times a week.

I am still trying to build a good nutrition plan and it is taking a little longer to get it together. I ran into a Dr. at Whole Foods (his name is Dr. Jockers and he is in Kennesaw) and I think he might be able to help me. He is very passionate about eating right and being healthy (he talks so fast - faster than me!!!) and he knows what he is talking about when it comes to the topic. I hope to attend one of his seminars in the upcoming month.

OK time for me to get ready for church, I will not be late!!! Until next time, here is my new favorite quote from Lance Armstrong -
“Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.”

No comments:

Post a Comment