Get it Done!

Get it Done!
Gobble Jog 2009

Friday, December 25, 2009

The Holidays...this is not the time to be concerned about calories!!

Christmas is my favorite time of the year. I love the Christmas songs (Josh Groban - O'Holy Night is one of my favorites), shopping for others, and relaxing. This is also the time where there so much food to eat that it is crazy!!!! I have allowed myself to eat a couple of things, but I am trying to eat healthy so that I can be prepard for the next race (1/23/10 - Polar Bear 5K). I must finish in under 30 minutes!

I ran this morning (2 miles was today's goal on the 1/2 marathon training program) and it was easy. I could have finished faster but this crazy looking dude was at the park running and I didn't trust him and no one else was around. So I had to alter my run so that I was visible at all times by the people going to Publix to get their last minute items for Christmas dinner. It was really nice outside (had to be a little over 40 degrees) and I felt really good. After my run, I also went to Publix to get some Mix1 (love making my own protein drinks, but Mix1 is so good). I just have to remember to warm up before my runs and cool down after the run.


After my run, I came home and my husband gave me a new challenge. Six pack abs in 3 months. I laughed because I am so motivated and believe I can do anything at this point in my life (I can do all things throught Christ who Stregthens me!). So I am not only preparing for my first 1/2 marathon, but I am also working on getting my body toned. I love it when he challenges me!!! He then says he is hungry and I suggest we go to Olive Garden...hey I have 3 months to get the abs, and right now I want some bread sticks with Chicken Scampi!!! I decided to wear my runner girl hoodie because I just love it!!! I run like a girl.....but try and catch me!! A lady stopped me at the restaurant so that she could read my shirt and then yelled "Chick Power". It was too funny!!! I told my husband to watch out because girls rule!!!

So with the 1/2 marathon training program and my husbands challenge, I have some work to do and I just have to get it done!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment