Get it Done!

Get it Done!
Gobble Jog 2009

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

The 4 letter word.....FOOD!

It is really becoming obvious that working out is not the issue I have with staying in shape. I have an issue with food!! Not all foods, just the bad foods that taste good!! Lemon Bars, Red Velvet Cake, Monkey Bread, French Fries, Hot wings, and the list goes on!! Many people see me and think just because I am small, I only eat salad. Yeah right!! I always tell them you see me with my clothes on, you don't see me when I get out the shower!

Eating healthy is something that I have to work at everyday. Some days it is easy to eat the right foods and I actually enjoy eating foods that are nutritious and healthy. Some days I just want to eat a big bowl of ice cream with a Krispy Kreme donut! Not one donut, but the whole box!!! So in 2010, nutrition is at the top of my list. One thing that I have done in the past that has kept me on track is to eat the same foods Monday - Friday. It sounds boring but I don't have to think about what I eat and if I plan my meals in advance, there is not an opportunity for me to eat something that I shouldn't eat. The eat clean plan has helped me in the past and I will continue to attempt to eat clean 90% of the time (hey, 90% is still an A).

Well today I was able to run a mile in 9:30. My husband was in the room and told me to try and finish under 9 minutes (having someone who is a Marine in the room while you train is an experience). Initially I was trying to finish at 10minutes, but decided to try and finish as close to 9 mins as possible and I was able to do it!! This is a big accomplishment for me because my lowest time for a mile was 9:48 in my last 5K. So I will continue to work on increasing my speed, but also focus on distance (the 1/2 marathon is less than 3 months away and I have to be ready to stay on my feet for at least 2 hours). I have a feeling that as long as my husband continues to monitor my training, I will be ready for a marathon before the first day of spring!! I have also been doing the Jackie Warner total body workout and she kicks butt!! I had stop after 25 minutes because my abs were done!!! I plan on doing her workout (it is 40 mins of upper body, lower body, and abs) until it becomes easy.

I have also started reading books about running and they are really helpful. I am almost finished with Dane's book and still find it amazing that he completed 52 marathons in 2006. To work and run a marathon every weekend takes dedication. I sometimes have issues working and going to the gym (and gym is in the same building). It is books like Dane's that give me the motivation to continue to chase my dreams. I ordered a book by Galloway that is for new runners and I can't wait until it arrives!! Besides running, I love to read and I love books!! So I have a feeling I am about to start a new running section in my current library.

2 comments:

  1. I'm not familiar with Jackie Warner's workout. How did you find out about it? Where can I find it? In addition to running I joined the gym but I also need a good workout that I can do at home. Thinking about buying the Wii Fit :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jennifer! I ordered her DVD from exercise tv (www.exercisetv.tv). It is really a good workout for home (I stopped on the abs...need to work my way up to ab work)

    ReplyDelete