Yes, I did it! Although I am on vacation, I went ahead and ran my 3 miles today according to the 1/2 marathon training plan. I initially intended to run an easy 3 miles until my husband decided that I need to add some intensity to my run. He got me a new treadmill for Christmas (my other treadmill was so old, he got it for me back in 1996...the electronic panel no longer worked, but I could still run on it, just didn't know how long or how many miles) and he used some of the customize programs last week. So today, he thought that I should also use one of the programs. I knew I was in trouble when he kept on insisting to do performance level 2...he had this weird look in is eye :o) Anyway, it started off slow but after 5 minutes, the incline and speed kicked in for the next 25 minutes. I did my best to conquer the incline (6%) while running 6.5, but after 5 minutes, I had to turn down the speed. The funny thing is that my husband told me not to touch anything and let the program run until the end. He then left the room and closed the door behind him. Well, he came back in the room and I didn't know he was there and he caught me adjusting the speed. He then told me how I needed to tough it out and stood next to me for the reminder of the run (talk about a personal trainer, man I felt like I was on the biggest loser and if I touched the buttons again he might snap on me like Jillian does on TV). So I toughed it out and was so glad when 3 miles arrived and then I thanked him (during the run I think I was cussing him). I don't like surprises when I run and that is why I always print out the race course before the race. This helps me mentally prepare for hills. He told me that this type of routine prepares me for the tough routes even if I see them or not! Yes..he is right, but hey, a run with lots of hills and speed is hard!! Next time he is going to have to give me a the race route!!!
OK, I promised the workout plan and I do have the first two weeks for the 1/2 marathon training program that I am following. This was considered to be pre-conditioning training before we get into the actual training plan.
Beginner's 1/2 Marathon Training Program - Week 1 and Week 2
Sunday - jog 1.5
Monday - run 1.5
Tuesday - Cross Training (weights,spin, etc.)
Wednesday - rest
Thursday run 2 miles
Friday - jog 1 mile
Saturday - Long run (3 miles)
I did add cross training to Thursday and also if I couldn't work out on a certain day, I just made sure I did it before the week was over.
So I hope this helps. Remember, this is a beginner's program and it may be too slow if you are already running every week. In my next blog, I will include upcoming races and information about the Eat Clean diet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment