Get it Done!

Get it Done!
Gobble Jog 2009

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Live Hard, Love Hard & RUN to Jesus!

Polar Bear 5k run was great! My husband, sister, and me all set PR's today!! It seems that when I run for someone (today was for Brock Meadows) or something, I always do my best! Today I ran for Brock Meadows. I learned about Brock because his family gave all the runners in the Polar Bear race bands to wear during the race. Brock ran in the Polar Bear race in 2008 and tied for 3rd place in the 40 yd dash..he was only 2 years old! Days later, he passed away, but the good thing is that we know he ran to Jesus. On the band I wore today it said Live Hard, Love hard & RUN to Jesus! I will always remember these words, as well as Brock. Every year I run the Polar Bear, I will run for Brock. I thank his family for encouraging me today and to live like Brock.

The run was fun and easy! I couldn't believe the clock when I saw it..it said 28:30! I took off and crossed the line in 28:40. After talking with my husband, he informed me that the tags didn't capture our start time, only our end time and according to his watch which he started after we crossed the finish line, we had actually finished a minute and 26 secs earlier!! So my time (according to his watch) was 27:04! I take 28 or 27....it is still faster than 30 min!! I believe that Brock asked Jesus to give me some extra speed on the hills!!

This week I also signed up for the ING Georgia 1/2 marathon!! So it is official, I am doing the 1/2 on 3/21 and I am so excited!!! I already see myself crossing the finish line and receiving my medal...time finished 1 hour and 59 minutes (hey..I can dream!) So I am going to step up my training and pay attention to my nutrition so that I can be in the best shape possible. A year ago you couldn't get me to go outside and take a walk, and now I am running a 1/2 marathon!! God is awesome, he continues to make my life fun and exciting and have me do things that I think is impossible...I just love Him!!

So this week is another long run - 7 miles, and it is going to be interesting! This time, I will not stop at Starbucks...I will stay on the path!!

No comments:

Post a Comment