Yes, it has snowed (well, 1 inch) and the snow has turned to ice and it is 16 degrees....in Georgia!!!! I have a 5 mile run tomorrow and it looks like it might happen on the treadmill because it is too icy and too cold!!! I have never ran 5 miles before so I am looking forward to it, but also wondering if I am ready. I am already prepared not to be upset if I have to walk. I have to be patient so that I don't get hurt before the big run March 21, 2010 (March was so far away back in October, not it is only two months away!) I had a dream that I decided to do the marathon instead of the half...glad it was a dream!!
I have been doing alot of reading (See Dane Run by Dane R, Runner's Book by Galloway, Marathon training by Whitsett, and lots of online articles, etc.) I would like to purchase a book about the history of running (well, I kind of asked my sister to get it for me - Christmas gift). I love reading (I would get in troule in school for reading....well, I was reading Sweet Valley High instead of my history book - I would hide my book inside the history book) so like I mentioned before, I am starting a small running library...5 books so far...more to come!!! I have learned some good tips and also why some people can run faster than others (genetics have made some people super fast). So I am enjoying this new hobby and at the same time learning about running and I have had the opportunity to make new friends.
So tomorrow is the 5 mile run and I have talked to Dennis (the 1/2 marathon coach) and he said that despite the weather, the run is on. Well, I am going to have to convince him that running at 7am in the morning when it is only 18 degrees and icy is not good for me!! I can at least try, but I have a feeling that I may not be able to convince him...I will just pray!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment