Get it Done!

Get it Done!
Gobble Jog 2009

Sunday, January 3, 2010

2010 - All Things Are Possible!!!

Happy New Year!!!!!

Yes, it is 2010 and it is a year of possibilities!!! And with God, all things are possible!! I am really excited about my new hobby (running) and making big plans! So far in 2010 I have ran the farthest I have ever ran during one session - 4 miles!!! Yeah!!!! It was a little tough (most of it was mental, the other was because my son's was in the room with me and wanted me to turn the TV), but I got it done!! I was able to finish in 41:05, and still turn the TV for my son so he could watch the Wiggles!! I will do another long run this weekend and I am looking forward to it (well, I am really interested in finding out what mile during my session will be the toughest). Since it was only 10 degrees outside, I had to do the run on my treadmill, so I am hoping to run outside for the next run.

My husband and I watched a good movie/documentary this weekend called "The Spirit of the Marathon". It showed how every day people of all ages, as well as elite athletes prepared for the Chicago marathon. It was really motivating and showed just how tough mentally (you have to be physically ready, but the mental preparation seemed to be really important - believing you can do it) you have to be to complete a marathon. I have a lot of work to do prepare for the 1/2 marathon, and must really focus to be ready for the full marathon. I am doing some reading about training for marathons and will take advantage of my training time (yes, I will not goof off, I will pay attention during training...even when it is hard!). I also was reminded this weekend that my uncle ran 2 marathons when he was 17 and he finished his first marathon in 3 hours!!! His pictures from the marathon are on my grandma's wall in Detroit (yes, my grandma still has family pictures on the wall) and I have asked my mom to scan in the pics and send them to me for inspiration!! I talked to my uncle this weekend and he told me that I could do it because 2010 was the year of possibilities!!

No comments:

Post a Comment