I did my six mile long run today and it was not that bad. I did stop (my sister was with me and we stopped at Starbucks for water...I know we should have kept running but the hills were kicking our butt), but we finished and wasn't really that tired. So I know that I will not pass out when I run the 10K in 3 weeks. Dennis (fitness trainer) was there with another client and they had to be running 8 minute miles (once we started running, they were gone). My sister and I had decided we would only do 4.5 miles so when we couldn't see them anymore, we made a different route that would allow us to finish in 4.5 miles. Well, we got caught!! We didn't stay on the path the trainer told us to stay on and he actually came back and got us! So after running off the path and making our own running route, we had to get back on the 6 mile path. We will not do that again!! When we finished, we were so happy!! Dennis is so awesome. Not only did he come back to get us early in the run, he actually stayed and waited until we finished.
I also did speed training this week and was actually able to go 7.5 on the treadmill for 4 quarter miles (thanks to Dennis). God is so awesome...he is really doing a good work in me (if you know me, you will say amen). I also did a workout called spartacus for core and strength training (did it on Monday and again on Friday), so this week was good. Next week I am planning to do 2 days of strength training, run 3days, and work on more core 2 days! I have the 5K Polar Bear race next weekend and it should be fun! I am hoping to finish in under 30 minutes, but if I don't...it doesn't matter, because I will have plenty more races to run and will do them in less time (thats me being motivational!) Until next time....see you at the races ..whatever that means :0)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

You are too cute! You blessed us by running for Brock. Congrats on your fastest time. I would love to mail you another Brockie Band (kid's Size). Will you email me your address to dnmeadows@comcast.net. God Bless you. Thanks again for your sweet comments. Nita
ReplyDeleteI will send you my email address today. I will make sure I put "Kids Size".
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing your story!